The Elm Street Cultural Arts Village is about bringing professional quality live theatre to Cherokee County residents and surrounding communities. Our dedication to artistic integrity and family values assures you will have an enjoyable experience.
Through open auditions, classes and camps and a full season of productions, we provide many opportunities to participate on stage or attend something new every month of the year.
Since our doors opened in February of 2002, we have:
- Produced over 180 plays and musicals!
- Enlisted, encouraged and entertained thousands of families, school children and adults from Cherokee, Cobb and Metro Atlanta, including the Hollywood block-buster prodigy, Dakota Fanning and musician Peyton Sanders.
- Established a dedicated and community responsive Board of Directors.
- Incorporated as a 501 (c) 3 Non-profit Organization.
- Moved from a small theater on the west side to a large venue at the corner of Towne Lake Parkway and Main Street – at City Center in Woodstock – walking distance to many fine restaurants, free parking, 2 blocks off the #8 Towne Lake Parkway exit on I-575 – just south of the Outlet Shoppes at Atlanta in Woodstock .
- Provided free programming to all of Cherokee County through three grants awarded by The Big Read, a National Endowment for the Arts program grant. Thousands of Cherokee Youth have received free books and materials in 2009, 2010 and 2011.
- Donated our space and venue to local talent and hosted many free Open MIC Coffeehouses and Teen Arts Nights.
- We are a community-conscious organization and have raised funds for Hurricane Katrina victims, for several local schools, families in need, charities, collected canned goods for Papa’s Pantry, and helped Families of Cherokee United in Service (FOCUS) with their teen programs.
- Created a wonderful, growing, and vibrant community theater right here in Cherokee County.
- Started the groundwork for the Elm Street Cultural Arts Village in Downtown Woodstock. The Event Green is completed and open to the public.
It is an honor to be a part of this wonderful organization and we are constantly amazed at the terrific people who eagerly support the theater. The actors, parents, patrons and volunteers who contributed so much to the success of the Elm Street Cultural Arts Village.
Although revenues for Elm Street are generated through admissions and education fees, we need your help. Become a Friend of Elm Street Cultural Arts Village. Your tax deductible contribution will help us provide world class arts programs for all of our community.
Elm Street Cultural Arts Village is a 501 (c) 3 organization. All donations are fully tax deductible.