The Elm Street Cultural Arts Village brings professional quality live theatre to Cherokee County residents and surrounding communities. Our dedication to artistic integrity and family values assures you will have an enjoyable experience.
Through open auditions, classes and camps and a full season of productions, we provide many opportunities to participate on stage or attend something new every month of the year.
Elm Street, formerly the Town Lake Arts Center, was founded in 2002 by Executive and Artistic Director G.Lora Grooms. Since its inception, it has grown to be a vibrant outlet for theater and arts education for residents of Cherokee County and surrounding communities. Elm Street offers productions in Children’s Theater and Evening Theater as well as Drama Classes and Camps, Teen Arts Nights and a variety of other arts-oriented programs. Elm Street is governed by a working board of directors and is a member of the Cherokee Council for the Arts and the Cherokee Chamber of Commerce.
Since our doors opened in February of 2002, we have:
- Produced over 100 plays and musicals!
- Enlisted, encouraged and entertained thousands of families, school children and adults from Cherokee, Cobb, Fulton and Pickens Counties, including the Hollywood block-buster prodigy, Dakota Fanning.
- Established a dedicated and community responsive Board of Directors.
- Incorporated as a 501 (c) 3 Non-profit Organization.
- Completed a theater renovation project to increase our seating capacity and provided more comfort for our audiences by installing new cushioned chairs, better climate control (HVAC), plus quality acoustical tiles and theatrical ceiling lighting. Improvements for our patrons will continue in 2011 as we move into our new 600 seat theatre off Main Street in Woodstock.
- Provided free programming to all of Cherokee County through The Big Read, a National Endowment for the Arts program grant. Thousands of Cherokee Youth have received free books and materials in 2009 and 2010.
- Donated our space and venue to local talent and hosted many free Open MIC Coffeehouses and Teen Arts Nights.
- We are a community-conscious organization and have raised funds for Hurricane Katrina victims, for several local schools, charities, and for families in need.
- Created a wonderful, growing, and vibrant community theater right here in Cherokee County.
- Started the groundwork for the Elm Street Cultural Arts Village in Downtown Woodstock.
It is an honor to be a part of this wonderful organization and we are constantly amazed at the terrific people who eagerly support the theater. The actors, parents, patrons and volunteers who contributed so much to the success of the Elm Street Cultural Arts Village.
Although revenues for Elm Street are generated through admissions and education fees, we need your help. Become a Friend of Elm Street Cultural Arts Village. Your tax deductible contribution will help us provide world class arts programs for all of our community.
Elm Street Cultural Arts Village is a 501 (c) 3 organization. All donations are fully tax deductible.